PPP027 - Medicines in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding with Hao Vo-Tran
Jane and Dan talk to Hao Vo-Tran, a pharmacist at the Royal Women’s Hospital in Melbourne and editor of the Royal Women’s Hospital Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Medicines Guide.
We talk to Hao about:
- General principles in evaluating the safety of medicines in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Limitations of the TGA categorisation system for prescribing medicines in pregnancy
- Strategies for discussing risks with patients
- Contact details for the Royal Women’s Hospital Medicines Information Service are on their website
- There is a full list of obstetric medicines information services in the Australian Medicines Handbook.
- Read more about Thomas Hale’s work at the Infant Risk Centre (Texas Tech University Health Sciences Centre)
- Lactmed is an open-access resource